brock ghost  7 11 2013The Brock family moved in Kokomo, Indiana in 1970’s, with their twin daughters Lana and Lisa and the older one Mary. They purchased the house because it was a reasonable price to buy and be a family. 

Being a Christian family and their belief of the Christian world, the house did not like them. Over the past 30 years living in the house it was hell every day.

“We want to get this out, get it out of our mind and never have to talk about it again because it’s been way too long that we needed to move on and forget about it,” Ann said, the mother of the family.

The family members today lived in London to get away from the house, but they came back to tell their story to “Paranormal Witness” last year and let the world know that they have witness evil in the house.

The story began when the family moved to the home when daughters Lana and Lisa were 4 years old. Even at that age, Lana said she noticed right away that something was wrong with the house.

“It was a dark house on the inside, and I just felt like I wasn’t alone in the house. So as a little kid I always sensed there was something dangerous there, but I didn’t know what it was. I didn’t know how to define it,” she said.

For years, Lana said she never actually saw anything, but soon she began hearing clicking noises, clawing noises on the ceiling, in the attic, and inside the wall, she said.

Ann said the children would complain to her and Roger, her husband, but she said they were young children with imaginations. By 1978, the couple added two more children, Roger, Jr., and James—all of whom eventually experienced what Lana noticed from the start.

It wasn’t until Lana was a teenager that she began actually seeing things, she said.

“The first really terrifying moment for me was a night when I was sleeping in the back bedroom on the floor with my two sisters, and I felt the floor move. I felt a wave beneath me, like footsteps, and I was only about 13 or 14 years old. Before that I heard a shuffling of feet moving,” she said, saying that she jumped up on the bed with her sister where they stayed until morning.

Another time, Lana said she saw what looked like a man outside the house, looking inside.

“We witnessed apparitions several times in the back bedroom. One time I saw what looked like a man on the outside of my house with his face pressed up against the window—except it wasn’t a man. It was a dark creature of some kind,” she said, describing him as looking wet and dripping.

The family filed a police report for the occurrence, she said, but nothing came of it.

Lana said something she and all of her siblings saw was what she identified as a solid, dark black mass that would hover above them while they were in bed. Most of the activity would occur in the back of the house, she said.

Father’s Realization

In 1983, the family had company over. The visitors were given the back bedroom to sleep in, and Roger slept on the floor in the living room. He was awoken by what Ann said he described as a green leprechaun that was scratching its fingers on Roger’s legs.

“Our kids had been telling their dad and me what was happening. They were telling us stuff, but you know how kids imagine they see something? We thought they were just seeing stuff, but the night my husband saw it, he changed his mind,” Ann said. “It was a creature, and it was living in that house when we bought it.”

Knowing that it couldn’t be explained to police, the family brought in a pastor from Temple Baptist Church to bless the house and pray with the family.

Lana said asking the pastor to come in to help because it was hard on her father.

“That’s really hard for a Baptist to do, to admit to a pastor of a church that something is in their house. He felt like it was his fault, like in some way he did something to invite evil into the house, and I think that might be why my dad waited so long to contact them about it,” she said.

The family hoped the blessing on the house would fix whatever was wrong. However, it only escalated the activity, Lana said.

“It made it worse. Whatever was there started making louder noises, and it began to move furniture,” she said.

When the family first moved into the house, Roger created two large bookcases that were so large they were fastened to the wall to hold Roger’s ministry books, Lana said.

The family was coming back from church one Sunday morning, and they couldn’t get the front door to open. The doorknob would unlock, but the door wouldn’t budge.

Finally, the younger son, broke a window to get in and found the bookcase up against the door and the books scattered around the room. This happened again years later, she said, noting that it wasn’t possible that someone had broken in, as the door remained locked, and there were no signs of forced entry. And the books were standing oddly in the house.

Another incident happened when Roger was sitting in the kitchen, studying the bible when he began to feel strange. Ann said his hands began to shake, and the ceiling fell in on him. He wasn’t badly hurt, but he knew something wasn’t right, she said.

After that, Roger asked a different pastor to come in and try to bless the house again in 1984. That time didn’t help either, Ann said.

Strange events continued to happen. More than once, the family’s black poodle, Sam, broke out of a window that Ann said was impossible for him to jump up to, let alone break through it himself.

“The kids came home, and Sam was in the backyard covered in blood, bleeding. He had been thrown out the window because there was no way he could have jumped,” she said.

Ann said Roger would replace the glass each time. However, eventually it became too expensive, and the family feared for the dog’s life. They gave Sam away.

“Something was throwing him out of that window,” she said.

The children grew up in the house, and they eventually got married and moved out.

Looking Back 

When asked why the family stayed in the house so long, Lana said it was a mix of them having a tough time financially and because they trusted their father and that the occurrences could be solved through prayer.

“(My parents) had five kids. My dad put us in a private school, and that wasn’t cheap to send us to Temple Christian Academy. I’m sure they wanted to move and get away from all of that. It was a dark, oppressive, heavy atmosphere in that house. It was subduing, and I wasn’t happy there. I know I wasn’t.”

“I can’t speak for everyone else. I know that everybody had good memories there because we did. We tried to be a happy family. We enjoyed baseball and stuff like that. But when you’re faced with something like spirits and you come from a religious background and no one can help you, you feel a little helpless.”

“There’s nothing you can do, and I’m sure my dad wanted to do something. He probably would have rather let God take care of it that way. That was his answer for everything. But, you know, my dad, he was what made us feel safe in that house, his praying, his prayers. He was always praying for us.”

“It didn’t matter if the ceiling fell. He was going to continue fighting for his family and praying for his family. He was immovable, and because of that attitude he had and his feelings for his family, that made us feel safe even though we didn’t have the answers,” she said.

Roger, passed away in 2005, and since, Lana said the family has become more open to talk about what happened in the house, though some of the family still refuses to speak about it.

Lana went on to become a part-time paranormal investigator and continues to seek answers, she said.

“(The experience) made me realize that the church and the bible don’t have all the answers for these things. For me, it opened up a road of exploration because I became a paranormal investigator for that. That’s how it affected me in the way I continue to seek answers,” she said.

Still seeking answers, Ann went to the man who sold the family the house to see if he had heard anything about a murder in the home.

“My mother contacted that man. He’s very old. He told her that he had heard there was a death like that, possibly someone getting killed, but he didn’t know if it was true,” she said. “Something like that now you have to tell people. You have to let them know before you sell them the house, but back then, they wouldn’t have said anything.”

The home was since burned down by a serial arsonist in 2001, and the lot has remained empty since.